Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Poem : Nothing Lasts

If you want to read this poem with full explanations click here : Poetry Genius
(click on a line to read the meaning behind it)









Nothing lasts, no warm summer or cold winter can stand the test of time.
Nothing lasts, you have no recollection of a deed, whether it's charity or crime.
Nothing lasts, because even the beauty of a rose is diminished after a while.
Nothing lasts, no cry of pain or broad smile.

Nothing lasts, no excruciating pain and no overwhelming happiness.
Nothing lasts, no memory remains, no scar or sign of hopelessness.
Nothing lasts, because everything is gone, as soon as it comes.
Nothing lasts, not even a sharp wound upon my hands.

Nothing lasts as long as we wish it to.
Nothing lasts, especially when life is like a dream come true.
Nothing lasts, that's what life has taught me until now.
Nothing lasts, and life is like a maze without a map, no one can tell us how.

And even though nothing lasts and I know this for a fact,
I see that only my strong heart is left intact.
I see everyone around me living a devious lie,
and I know in my heart that I want to live a truth until I die.

Maybe nothing lasts, nothing but my soul, going against all odds,
fighting for a change, ready to face whatever challenge life holds.
Maybe nothing lasts, but my soul will live forever,
because I know that happiness and sadness go together.

Maybe nothing lasts, that's why my fears have disappeared,
I can finally see, my vision has cleared.
It's because of this that I fight, because nothing does ever last,
and I know that, either way, my life will be gone fast.

Nothing lasts.

1 comment: