Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Truth.

Truth... People have been searching for the truth since the very first human being set foot on earth. The eternal "goose-chase". The truth about how were we created, is there a superior being or not, what is our purpose and the truth about a thousand more things.
Not all of those who search for the truth really care about it. Or really search for it. Because, as stated above, the search for truth is an eternal "goose-chase". Now, I am not talking about any subject in specific. It could be anything.
Truth is not something that's easy to acquire. Or easy to live with. Not everyone has the interest, the power, the need, the "guts" or whatever else is needed for any form of truth to be unveiled. There are minor truths, everyday-life truths. Personal truths. And there are the major ones. For example, the truth about our existence.
I am just writing this to "poke" the people that will read this, to make them think about it. So I won't go too deep in this post. If anyone is interested, they will think, they will do research and they will discover their own truth(s) about truth. I do not claim to know more than the people who read this. But I can claim that I think. And I want to get some things that I think about "out of my chest". In fact, in this post, I don't want to claim anything but one thing ; that I want people to think about it and discover things on their own.


What is truth? Truth is something many people find but they keep it for themselves. Either to protect others or to feel superior. The really true thing about truth is that people hide, destroy, twist and distort. A lie can be transformed  into a truth. People even want to mess with other peoples' conceptions about truth itself, for many reasons, which can't always be determined. Sometimes, people do it to themselves. They distort their own truths. Maybe to feel better, maybe to get rid of some truth that they wished was a lie. So they disguise truth as a lie, sometimes.
But someone that is really searching for truth, is willing to sacrifice everything. The ability to think and to judge, plus curiosity, is the curse but also the blessing of humans. It makes us want to search for more. To question. So, we send ourselves to a journey that is not for every person. It's a harsh journey and the truth's even more harsher. Some people lose their sanity because of this. Because we always question everything. Well, not all of us, but some do. And that leads us to this eternal journey. Some don't make it out of it. Some question themselves even more. I guess that's how it will always be.


One thing is for sure; the search for truth, for pure truth, is hard. Anyone searching for it will tell you not to begin searching for the major truths, if you're not willing to pay the price, or even cope with the truth, if you ever find it. I want to search for many major truths. It's a hard thing to do, but what good thing isn't hard to acquire?

I hope this little article triggered the mechanism of your inside thinker. I hope you get my point, whether you've thought about what was said above or not. If not, I hope you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment