Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Poem : I Walk Alone

I was inspired to write this, because this is what I was doing some minutes before; I was walking alone, in the middle of the night. I do it a lot, but this time, while I was walking, words started to get into my head and they formed this. I don't think it's such a great piece of writing, but it's something that I knew I had to write.









I walk alone.... as the night falls, as the darkness takes over
I walk alone, in the night, feeling like I don't walk; like I hover
over the road, over the world. I walk alone, but I am not by myself on this journey
because even when I walk alone, there is always someone there, someone yearning
for me, someone I love, someone I trust. People that time can't erase from my mind, 
people that fight on the same side as me, people good, people kind.
Memories are there, too, to keep every part of me alive, to keep me going. 
Good or bad, it doesn't matter, because they both are a part of this being.


I walk alone and the road in front of me is long; but that only makes me stronger,
knowing that many walk, but few until the end of it, few want it to be longer.
Because they don't know; the longer the path, the bigger the reward.
I fight and conquer, but I don't need a sword. 
'Cause even if I am alone, I have the biggest weapon within me
all the people I love, all the people I care about, they are the light that shines within me.


I walk alone, even though others are walking around me; they only wander.
But not me, I don't wander, because my journey, isn't the kind that people can ponder.
I have a long road ahead of me, but it makes me happy, never sad
that I have a goal to reach, so I can't just stand.


If you ask these people that are  walking close to me, they only see few lights in the night
cause they don't see what I can; they are blind, they don't see the real light.
The light of inspiration within me, the one that even in the night, shines brighter than the sun.
I'm inspired; therefore I inspire. But not all of us can walk this road, few really can. 
This secret "power" is not a gift all of us possess, so not all can see through the eyes of their soul.
Knowing this, I try to shed some light in others' worlds, even through the tinniest hole.

So I walk alone, but I don't feel alone. 'Cause I was inspired to inspire.
And I was inspired to give, to help, to light a fire. 
A fire that can heal the whole world, if all of us were to carry this heavy load until the end,
if all of us wished to be the burden bearers, to carry away the evil and bring it to an end.


So I want to let everyone know... you're not alone.

This is dedicated to everyone that walks beside me, even when I am alone.

2 comments:

  1. http://thegreengrassoftheotherside.blogspot.in/2013/02/feet-march-on-like-every-beat-to-your.html
    got inspired from ur blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the copyright of the blog has been updated I will have to ask you to give credit to this blog in your own post.
      Thank you for your understanding.

      Delete